The aesthetic is the apprehension or the appreciation of beauty. Aesthetic fashion, on the other hand, is the kind of fashion that adheres to the latest trends and the most flattering silhouettes.
The aesthetic of fashion changes from time to time but in the summer of 2020, even if there are restrictions and we can’t go out as much and have fun. We can still dress up for work (if you can’t work from home), we can get dressed to go to the grocery store or even just to take cute outfit photos at home. There is never a wrong time to look good. If you need a guide on how to look aesthetically pleasing and cute then this article is for you.
1.White graphic tee- A white graphic t-shirt is a versatile piece. You can pair it up with almost anything, you can wear it with a pair of jeans, a skirt, shorts and even a pair of formal trousers. Although this piece is a simple one, it is bound to attract attention. It can also be the statement piece of your outfit.
A simple way to wear it is to tuck them under a pair of mum jeans, followed with a cute leather belt and a pair of white sneakers. If you have an oversized graphic tee, you can wear it by itself with a pair of biker shorts underneath and a small shoulder bag and a pair of ankle socks and sneakers.
2. Loose fitted jeans- Skinny jeans are not really in trend this summer. So, your next good option is a pair of loose fitted jeans. It can be a pair of mum jeans, wide-legged jeans, straight cut jeans or even boyfriend jeans. I wouldn’t say that they are as comfortable as your skinny jeggings but they are cooler for the summer.
What is trending?
The tougher and stiffer material will last you longer whereas a softer and lighter material will give you the comfort you need. So, you choose according to your preferences. You can pair these jeans with a graphic tee, tank top, cardigans, or basically anything. You can even transition them for winter outfits as you can wear tights underneath and layer with other winter items on top.
3. Shoes- as for shoes, a pair of simple white sneakers like the Nike air force ones or any other white sneakers are the best options. Other aesthetic shoes include converse, doc martens, vans, and so on. You can pair them with cute socks your look is simply elevated.
4. Bags- fanny packs have been a huge trend in the 90s and are making a comeback this year. You wear it like a crossbody bag or wear it around your waist.
Clear bags have also become a huge trend but they aren’t as safe as opaque ones. The Kanken bag is a good bag to carry a lot of things that you might need. It serves a good purpose it’s handy and useful at the same time. For a fancier look, a small shoulder bag is a good way to channel your inner aesthetic girl. These bags are versatile and be worn with any outfit.
5. Peasant tops-these tops usually come in the square neckline and can be worn with either skirts or jeans. They add a feminine touch to your look. They show off your beautiful décolletage and look best with hair tied in a low bun or hair behind the shoulders. Accessories this top with a pair of hoops and some dainty necklaces. You can even layer your necklaces.
6. Sunglasses– as for sunglasses, you can either go with big glasses that serve a purpose to cover your eyes from the sun or you can go with small glasses in oval or square shapes in different colours. Small cat eyeglasses are also a pretty way to jazz up your look. These glasses are commonly worn by models like Kendall Jenner, Hailey Baldwin, Kylie Jenner, Bella Hadid, and so on.
7. Long sleeves under short sleeves- wearing a long sleeve under a short sleeve shirt on a chilly day adds a nice aesthetic look to your outfit. Just make sure that both the inner and outer top is not skin tight.
8. Cardigans – Fitted round neck cropped cardigans are such a vibe this season. wear it just by itself and getting on in a lighter material is a good option. You can either button up everything or let a few buttons lose as a second option.
- Belts are always a good option to add some spice to your outfits.
- Fisher hats are making a comeback.
- Mini plaid skirts look good with a pair of converse.
- Cropped is the trend. Cropped tops, cropped cardigans, cropped hoodies and so on.
- Unbuttoned flannel shirts over a string top is a good look.
- Right now, 90’s fashion is the best inspiration.