Our hair is the one thing that can make or break our looks and can also alter our mood and confidence. It is unlikely that our hair will look perfect all the time. Especially if we sport out natural hair and we let it air dry without any heat styling. Sometimes our quickest option is to straighten or curl our hair but heat is usually not our friend.
In this article, I have combined a few easy to do hairstyles to try when our hair is not cooperating with us. These hairstyles will also work if you simply want to keep your hair away from your face.
If you are interested in trying a few hairstyles on bad hair days and how to achieve them then this article is for you.
1.Braids- Braids are the easiest hairstyles. Part your hair into three strands and take the rightmost strand and tuck it in between the middle and the leftmost strand. Do the same with the leftmost strand and tuck it in between the middle strand and the right strand.
Repeat this till you reach the end of your hair and tie off with an elastic band. You can take a few strands of hair from either side to frame the face. This is an effortless hairstyle and comes with practice. You can wear this hairstyle with practically anything. Depending on your preferences you can either do a loose or a tight braid.
2. Low Bun- This is a classy hairstyle and can be worn to elevate any look. To achieve this hairstyle, part your hair to the side or in the middle and tie a low ponytail. For the next step, twist it to a bun and secure it with bobby pins or an elastic band. You can tease the crown of the head before doing your bun for a more formal look. You can also pull a few strands to frame the face and curl them or even straighten them depending on your look and add a pair of earrings.
3. High bun- This is almost the same as a low bun but it is tied at the top of your head. You can either do a tight and sleek high bun or a messy bun.
A tight high bun is more formal and sophisticated while a messy bun is more casual. One way to jazz it up is to attach a fake fringe in the front that matches your hair to have a different look.
4. Moon buns- This is a fun hairstyle you can wear casually or wear to festivals. To achieve this, part your hair into two parts and twist two high buns at the top of the head. Here too you can pull loose strands to frame the face.
5.Hair bandana- There are several ways to tie a bandana on your head. One way is to fold your bandana like a scarf and tie it around your head. Another way to style a bandana is to fold it into half and tie it on your head like a scarf, then pull a few strands to frame the face and give it a casual look.
6. Curly hair updo- This is a trendy hairstyle that will surely give you a cute look. For this look, curl your hair into tiny sections and tie a loose top knot and pull as many strands away as you like. You can also use no heat methods to curl your hair.
7. Double Dutch braids- This is a common way to wear your hair when you want to work out or to simply look cute with little effort. To achieve this look, part your hair into two. The next step is to start braiding from the top of the head and keep adding more hair when you go down the head, continue braiding till the end of the hair and secure it with an elastic band. You can leave it as it is or you can tug on the braid to loosen it up and give it a cute girly look.
8. Milkmaid hair- This hair can be worn casually or formally. For this hairstyle, all you need to do is to do a double Dutch braid and wrap your braids around the head and then pull the few strands of hair to frame the face.
9. Low ponytail- This is another aesthetic hairstyle you can do and all you need to do is to tie a low ponytail and accessorise it with either a scrunchy or a silk scarf.
- These are just a few hairstyles; you can browse Pinterest on more hairstyles to tame your locks.
- Use hair clips to accessorize your hair and to make it look better on a bad hair day.
- Use hats and caps to cover the top of your hair.