Your skin is your biggest organ. Hence taking good care of it is a necessity. First, to keep your skin healthy, you must take good care of your inner organs. The health of these inner organs will automatically reflect on your skin.
Start by eating healthy and drink lots of fluids, they can be water, tea, soups, smoothies, and so on. For whatever reasons try to reduce sugar and high sodium (salty food) intake.
Almost every one of us has invested in a lot of expensive products thinking it will do miracles to our skin. Though it does for some people, not everybody has found the right product for their right skin type.
There are tons of home remedies to take good care of your skin. But this article has filtered and chosen the best natural skincare tips only for you, no matter what skin type you have I promise you these tips will do wonders to your skin by simply using your kitchen remedies and you do not need to spend huge sums of money to get glowing and healthy skin.
NOTE: Results will not happen overnight, it requires a little bit of hard work, dedication, and consistency.
- Water- This is the most basic element for your skincare routine. You’ve probably heard this a thousand million times but to ensure healthy skin, you must drink a lot of water. It hydrates your organs, which boosts their performance and in turn gives you healthy and glowing skin. Water also reduces puffiness and improves water retention. If drinking plain water is too boring for you, you can infuse fruits like lemon or strawberries or even slices of cucumbers to your water for a better taste and freshness. You can keep reminders on your phone or whatever is convenient for you to remind you in case you forget to drink your water. Challenge yourself every day and you will be amazed.
- Washing- Washing your face at least once in a day will help clean your face but washing your face twice daily- when you wake up and before going to bed, trust me you will surely see the magic it does. Wear your favorite Moisturizer daily and don’t forget sunscreen before you step out of the house. No matter what the weather is, wearing sunscreen is a must.
- Rice water- Rice water is a magnificent toner for your face. You can even use it as your last rinse just after washing your face. It has brightening and anti-aging properties. To prepare this, you can immerse rice in a jar of water and let it sit when the water turns white and milky, sieve the rice and save the water and fill it in a spray bottle. You can refrigerate this and spray it after every time you wash your face.
- Cucumber- Cucumber is the most cooling and soothing vegetable ever. You can cut them into thin slices and put them on your eyes for a cooling effect. By doing this you can even reduce under-eye dark circles as well. Cucumber juice also contains a good brightening property. You can apply this on your face and wash your face after 15 minutes.
- Potato- Potatoes have lightening properties as well, you can put a few peeled and diced potatoes in a food processor and squeeze out the juice. Apply the juice on the face and it also does miracles to dark underarms as well.
- Strawberries- Strawberries have anti-aging properties and control oil production in the skin. Another benefit of strawberries is that it can help with acne. You can simply mash a few strawberries and put it on your skin and wash it after a few minutes.
- Olive oil- The Romans call it liquid gold and is considered rude and bad to spill olive oil. It has a range of endless benefits. It can be used for anti-aging, moisturizing the skin and removing makeup. You can use this as a moisturizer in your night routine. Massaging your skin with olive oil is an excellent base for relieving puffiness and draining your lymph nodes.
- Milk- Milk is an excellent moisturizer and has anti-aging properties. Milk has been used since ancient times to cleanse and moisturize the skin. It is also a great way to reduce pimples and blackheads. You can apply raw milk on your skin a few times a week for 10 to 15 minutes and you will notice your skin will have a different glow.
- Aloe vera- Aloe is the king of skin home remedies. It is also known as an ever-living plant. You can cut the leaf vertically and scrape out the inner sap. The gel acquired from the sap has several skin benefits like balancing oily skin, treating sunburn, used as an anti-aging gel, acne treatment and reviving dry skin. With continuous use of this gel, you will notice visible flawless skins and the reduction of dark spots.
- Vaseline- Vaseline is better used on other parts of the body than on the face. It can sometimes clog your pores. It is rather beneficial for your dry elbows and knees, lip and even cracked heels. An additional benefit of Vaseline is makeup removal. You can massage Vaseline on your skin and wash it off with a face wash. Another way is by applying Vaseline on your skin and removing it using a cotton pad followed by a face wash.
- Honey- Honey is a great moisturizer. Make a honey face mask with grounded oats or put some honey into a bowl of hot water and can be used for face steaming.
· Skincare doesn’t have to be expensive.
· Do not put coconut oil on your face since it is comedogenic, it can easily clog your pores, and can cause your skin to break out.
· Change your pillowcase as often as possible since its surface touches your skin for hours at a time.
· Sanitize your phone whenever you can.
· Do not use lemons on your face as it can damage your skin when you get out in the sun and can lower the Ph balance of your skin.