|10 Tricks About HOW TO LOOK SLIM You Wish You Knew Before|
Body shape is relative. There is no absolute or ideal body shape. Everyone is different. In recent years being stick thin was the body shape. But popular trend setters like The Kardashians, Beyonce, Bebe Rexha and so on are rocking their thick bodies and now almost every woman wants to look like that. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, but everyone also has their preferences. Some want to look slimmer, some want to look thicker and so on. This particular article is for those who want to look slimmer. These are temporary fixes but can also be used to bring out the best in your body shape and give you what you want.
Here are 10 tips to look slimmer.
- The color black- Wearing black can instantly make you look slimmer. Black absorbs all the light that hits it and doesn’t reflect any. So all your folds and problem areas won’t be as accentuated as wearing a lighter color. There are a few things to keep in mind though. Even black clothing comes in different types of materials. Silk, satin and sequined materials have some form of shimmer and reflection so they reflect more light than matt materials like cotton and denim. The more matte the material is, the slimmer you are going to look.
- Vertical stripes- This is a visual illusion. Vertical stripes draw the eye downwards instead of sideways so this is an excellent way to elongate your body and make you look instantly slimmer.
- Small prints- Small prints as opposed to large prints make you instantly slimmer. Large prints enlarge your frame and make you look bigger than you actually are. Opt for small floral prints, small polka dots, smaller checks, thinner stripes and so on.
- Clothes that fit- To look slimmer, you need to keep in mind that wearing clothes that don’t fit well will make you look bigger than you actually are. Oversized clothes can add more volume and bulge and give the illusion of a bigger body. These big clothes make you look like you are actually big enough to fit into that piece. Same goes with clothes that are too tight or too small. These small clothes will accentuate your problem areas making you look way bigger in comparison to that piece. You must also keep in mind that graphic t-shirts with large prints on the chest area shouldn’t be too tight as the graphic will accentuate your size. The goal here is to always create optical illusions. Illusions that make you look smaller than you actually are.
- Pointed nude pumps- Shoes that cut you off at the ankle will make your legs look shorter and thus make you bigger sideways. Nude pumps on the other hand acts as an extension of your legs, making you look taller and slimmer. Other shoe options which will make you look slimmer are shoes that are the same color as the pants you are wearing. For example, if you are wearing a pair of black jeans, make sure they end below your ankle and pair them with a pair of black boots preferably pointed and the same color intensity as the pants.
- Shape wear- The underwear you put on can make or break your outfit. The right underwear can oomph that outfit taking it up a notch. Shapewear like tummy tuck underwear can act as a corset and tuck in all the excess tummy fat, especially if you are a mother. Shapewear can slim out your waist, tummy, accentuate your butt and thighs, so it’s always a win with this piece of clothing. Celebrities like Kim Kardashian swears by shapewear. Some shapewear brands include Mark and Spencers, Jockey woman, Zivame, Skims and so on.
- Necklines- Necklines frame your face shape. The higher your neck line the bigger your face will look as it draws all the attention to it. A v-neck line will elongate your face and pull the attention downwards. An off shoulder dress/top is always a great way to slim down your face. Also avoid ruffles around the neck. They add volume to your upper body.
- Accessories- Avoid choker necklaces. They cut you down right on the neck and make your face look bigger. Put on an appropriate sized belt on the slimmest part of your waist. Just make sure not to pull your belt too tight or your stomach will begin to bulge. It gives you that beautiful hourglass figure. Long necklaces can elongate your face and torsos making you look slimmer.
- Hair – A top bun can elongate your face making you look slimmer. It’s all about keeping your hair away from your face or else the hair will add unnecessary volume to your face.
- Makeup- Make up can do wonders to your face without opting for surgery. Contouring is a great way to accentuate your facial bone structure and eliminate your double chin and in turn slim down your face. Too much shimmery highlighter and glitter eye shadow can also add volume to the face.
Once again, beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. It’s all about dressing for your shape and knowing what works best for you. All you need is confidence and a strong will to know that you are beautiful just the way you are.